Design Engineer – Mechanical / Mechatronic
Job Description (Full-Time)
Experienced Mechanical product design engineer who ideally also has aptitude with control theory and motion programming.
Responsible for conceptual new product design as well as OEM custom designs of our catalogue range. As part of a small team the job holder will take ownership of designs from concept into manufacture as well as supporting customers with application and collaborative development.
You will apply sound engineering knowledge as well as experience of designing for low and high volume (10’s to 100k+) manufacturing of small engineered industrial products. You will apply knowledge of designing for technical engineering polymers and precision machining as well as electronics packaging required in electromechanical product design.
Responsible for assisting in all aspects of design, manufacturing and assembly of piezoelectric motor and related products. Must have excellent communication skills, able to multitask and work closely within a small multi-discipline team.
Proven skills in Design process, application of engineering fundamentals with expertise in SolidWorks & PDM is a must.
Responsibilities will include:
- New product and customized product design
- Production design and documentation for SolidWorks CAD parts, Assemblies, and Drawings.
- Use of design analytical tools to ensure product designs are fit for purpose. (FMEA etc.)
- Writing assembly procedures and production documentation to support manufacturing
- Building and testing prototypes using rapid manufacturing methods
- Work directly with outside suppliers during design and costing process
- Undertake product verification and validation testing, write test procedures and reports
- Support development of engineering procedures and processes
- Interact with other company functions/disciplines on a regular basis
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum educational requirement: BSME
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in engineering design and development with 5 years having project ownership responsibility.
- Knowledge of design for engineering polymers
- Experience of designing precision electromechanical products. Ideally in the motion industry.
- Experience in product testing, writing and executing test procedures
- Competent working within an ISO9001 framework.
- Use of MS Office Suite and SolidWorks & PDM is required.
- Python and LabVIEW experience preferred
- Problem solving, verbal and excellent written communication skills.