Job Opening: Business Analyst
REPORTING TO: Office of CEO
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The business analyst role is for a self-starter who wants to learn all aspects of the business and work with the C-suite executives. The analyst will be a critical team member in performing research and producing well designed internal and external presentations. Further, the analyst will be leading or participating in projects for the improvement of the company, including the development and maintenance of the corporate reporting.
- Produce documents in presentations that communicate technical, financial and business information in a clean and concise manner.
- Write and edit material in document and presentation talking points for executives.
- Assist in development of investor update presentations. Coordinate with key executives to obtain updates, gather, and research information, design slides, write talking points and coordinate timelines on the deliverables.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Improve systems by studying current practices, designing modifications.
- Recommend controls by identifying problems, writing improved procedures.
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs of the client group.
- Plan and coordinate the development of primary and secondary market research studies in support of strategic planning and specific marketing initiatives, as required and presents findings of studies to client committees.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly reviews and analyses as required, using operational metrics and reports.
- Review a variety of areas including operations, purchasing, inventory, distribution, and facilities.
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes.
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes
- Create informative, actionable, and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Advanced PowerPoint, Word, Excel skills required
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Previous experience with Sarbanes Oxley compliance and ISO 9001 preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to collate and organize information
- Previous project management experience preferred
- Detail oriented, analytical, and inquisitive
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
- Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related, MBA preferred.